DID

DID

Did I help or hurt today lord
is anyone happier that I passed this way,
Will anyone remember that I spoke to them today
And when the day is over and toiling time is through
Will someone say a kindly word, for me- for you.

I wonder can I say in parting
from a day that is slipping fast,
Did I help a single brother
from the many that I passed,
Is a single heart rejoicing
over what I did or said,
Does someone whose hopes were fading,
now with New Hope look ahead.

Did I win this day or lose it,
was it well or poorly spent,
Did I leave a trail of kindness,
or a scar of discontent.
As I close my eyes in slumber,
to the Architect above I pray,
That I've earned one more tomorrow,
by the Good I Did Today.                
Preview on Feedage: wavy-hairstyle Add to My Yahoo! Add to Google! Add to AOL! Add to MSN
Subscribe in NewsGator Online Add to Netvibes Subscribe in Pakeflakes Subscribe in Bloglines Add to Alesti RSS Reader
Add to Feedage.com Groups Add to Windows Live iPing-it Add to Feedage RSS Alerts Add To Fwicki